Communication is a key ingredient in any team environment. Here are some of our most popular activities that emphasize communication between participants.
Here are a few activities to get you started:
- A What?: Communication, icebreaker, fun. Risk: Low. Group Size: Unlimited; 12 – 15 is a good size. Time Required: 10 mins.
- Alphabet Game: Listening, communication, focus, and fun. Risk: Low. Group Size: 10 max. Time: 10 – 15 mins.
- Captain Video: Communication, team building, fun. Risk: Low. Group Size: 30 max—in groups of 10. Time Required: 10 – 15 mins.
- Say It Out Loud: Public speaking practice. Risk: Low – medium. Group Size: 3+. Time Required: 20 mins.
- Misunderstanding: Illustrates the importance of good communication. Risk: Low to medium. Group Size: 2+. Time Required: 20 – 30 mins.
For more communication activities, please see our book Growing Together.
Want to learn more about how we create youth leadership development models in the context of farming, our social justice curriculum, and our food access initiatives? Attend one of our Institutes!