LEARN, GROW, AND CONNECT at The Food Project’s Winter and Summer Institutes. The Food Project’s Institutes are intensive three-day trainings packed with activities, workshops, and engaging conversation that will teach you about The Food Project’s youth development and sustainable agriculture models, food justice initiatives, and how to create more food secure communities.
- Explore The Food Project’s methods of designing youth crews and seasonal plans.
- Discuss the foundations of youth development in the context of farming and food justice initiatives.
- Understand what it takes to run dynamic farm operations with high school youth.
- Inspire and support others to create change in their own communities.
- Work alongside youth and hear about their work.
- Engage with Food Project youth and staff about every facet of the youth experience.
- Interact with and learn from your Institute peers.
- Network with others interested in youth-led sustainable, local agriculture.
For more information on The Food Project’s Institutes, please email Jen James at [email protected].
Note: Registration for 2020 Winter Institute is closed. Please check back to register for the 2020 Summer Institute.
Read what others have to say…
“Thank you for an inspirational three days at the winter Institute. It is a unique opportunity to have an organization share their experiences, positives, deltas, accomplishments, and evolutions with others, so we can all make progress impacting lives and preserving the land for the love of all.”
“The Food Project is one of the few organizations that I have seen where youth are respected, nurtured, educated and socialized in a way that benefits both them and all of us. There is no better model of youth and justice work that I have seen.”
“The Food Project Institute’s unique vision of our world’s youth has redefined the essence of community-based agriculture. Their mission-based programming embraces so many crucial components of local farming and actually puts them into practice. TFP is not only a program to model; it is a movement to follow.”
“Overall, the most valuable conference I have ever attended.”
“After spending three days at The Food Project’s Institute, I can’t stop thinking about or talking about The Food Project. If after three days I feel so positively affected, imagine change TFP does with others that they work with longer term. WOW!”
“The Food Project Institute was exactly what I needed to get my creative juices flowing around my fledgling ideas for a sustainable food project involving youth.”