The Food Project’s group volunteer program, Serve & Grow, has been cancelled for fall 2020 due to the Covid-19 health crisis. If you would like to be notified about Serve & Grow opportunities for 2021, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Group Volunteer Interest Form below. We are still accepting individual volunteers on a case-by-case basis. For more information about how to volunteer as an individual, please go to the Individual Volunteers page.
The Food Project’s Serve & Grow program offers a positive and energizing service-learning opportunity for groups of all types. Corporate and community groups alike will benefit from the team-building and hands-on learning that occurs while working on the farm.
Participating in Serve & Grow benefits your company by:
- Increasing the impact of your company’s overall philanthropic efforts.
- Visibly affriming your company’s support for your community.
- Fostering trust, collaboration, and respect among your team members.
- Providing a refreshing environment that bring out new skills and creative thinking that employees can apply back at the office.
To cover the costs of staffing the volunteer program and distributing the produce that your group with help plant, care for, and harvest, we ask for a contribution of $500. Please be in touch if such a contribution is prohibitive for your group.
College and Community Groups
During your group’s Serve & Grow session, volunteers will:
- Gain new skills and learn about sustainable farming and the food system in a hands-on way.
- Build stronger relationships with others in the group.
- Feel accomplishment and pride in working to provide food for their community.
To cover the costs of staffing the volunteer program and distributing the produce that your group will help plant, care for, and harvest, we ask for a contribution of $10 per person. Please be in touch if such a contribution is prohibitive for your group.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age. Volunteers between the ages of 14 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Spring Season: April – June
Fall Season: September – October
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Maximum Group Size: 25 volunteers
The Food Project hosts group and individual volunteers for three-hour sessions led by farm staff on weekday and Saturday mornings. On Saturdays, Root Crew and Dirt Crew youth lead and facilitate volunteer groups.
Group Volunteers, please use the form below to sign up to express interest for the 2021 season.
Individual Volunteers, please visit this page for contact information.