The Food Project’s Serve & Grow program offers a positive and energizing service-learning opportunity for groups of all types.
Corporate and community groups alike will benefit from the team-building and hands-on learning that occurs while working on the farm.
Participating in Serve & Grow benefits your company in many ways:
- Increases the impact of your company’s overall philanthropic efforts
- Visibly affirms your company’s support for your community
- Fosters trust, collaboration, and respect among your team members
- Provides a refreshing environment that brings out new skills and creative thinking that employees can apply back at the office
To cover the costs of staffing the volunteer program and distributing the produce that your group will help plant, care for, and harvest, we ask for a contribution of $500. Please be in touch if such a contribution is prohibitive for your group participating in Serve & Grow.
College and Community Groups
During your group’s Serve & Grow session, volunteers will:
- Gain new skills and learn about sustainable farming and the food system in a hands-on way
- Build stronger relationships with others in the group
- Feel accomplishment and pride in working to provide food for their community
To cover the costs of staffing the volunteer program and distributing the produce that your group will help plant, care for, and harvest, we ask for a contribution of $10/person. Please be in touch if such a contribution is prohibitive to your group participating in Serve & Grow.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age. Volunteers between ages 14 to 17 must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
Spring Season: April – June
Fall Season: September – October
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Max group size: 25 volunteers
The Food Project hosts group and individual volunteers for three-hour sessions led by farm staff on weekday and Saturday mornings. On Saturdays, Root Crew and Dirt Crew youth lead and facilitate volunteer groups.
Spring 2020 Serve & Grow has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 health crisis. We will be making a decision in August 2020 about whether we will offer Serve & Grow opportunities in the fall of 2020. If you would like to be notified via email about our decision, email [email protected] or complete the Volunteer Interest Form below.
Group volunteers, please use form below to sign up to express interest!
Individual volunteers, please visit this page for contact information.