Participating in Serve & Grow benefits your company by:
- Increasing the impact of your company’s overall philanthropic efforts.
- Visibly affirming your company’s support for your community.
- Fostering trust, collaboration, and respect among your team members.
- Providing a refreshing environment that bring out new skills and creative thinking that employees can apply back at the office.
In order to cover the cost of staffing for your visit, distributing the food we grow, and funding The Food Project’s youth programs, we suggest a donation within the range of $1,000 – $5,000, depending on your capacity.
College and Community Groups
During your group’s Serve & Grow session, volunteers will:
- Gain new skills and learn about sustainable farming and the food system in a hands-on way.
- Build stronger relationships with others in the group.
- Feel accomplishment and pride in working to provide food for their community.
To cover the costs of staffing the volunteer program and distributing the produce that your group with help plant, care for, and harvest, we ask for a contribution of $500. Please be in touch if such a contribution is prohibitive for your group.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age. Volunteers between the ages of 14 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Spring Season: April – June
Fall Season: September – October
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Maximum Group Size: 25 volunteers
The Food Project hosts group and individual volunteers for three-hour sessions led by farm staff on weekday and Saturday mornings. On Saturdays, Root Crew and Dirt Crew youth lead and facilitate volunteer groups.
Group Volunteers, please use the form below to sign up to express interest for the 2021 season.
Individual Volunteers, please visit this page for contact information.