Summer 2017 Institute
August 3—5, 2017
Greater Boston Area, MA
Learn, Grow, and Connect at The Food Project’s Summer Institute on August 3–5, 2017.
- Summer season planning and youth crew design
- The foundations of youth leader development in the context of farming, social justice and food access initiatives
- How to build a year-round tiered youth leader development structure to support your work
- What it takes to run dynamic farm operations with high school youth
- Inspire and support others to create change in their own communities
- Work alongside youth and hear about their work
- In-depth conversations with The Food Project staff
- Enjoy engaged conversations with Dirt Crew and Root Crew youth to learn about their work during the academic season
- Interact with and learn from Institute peers
- Network with others interested in youth-led sustainable, local agriculture
Read what others have to say...
"Thank you for an inspirational three days at the winter Institute. It is a unique opportunity to have an organization share their experiences, positives, deltas, accomplishments, and evolutions with others, so we can all make progress impacting lives and preserving the land for the love of all."
“The Food Project is one of the few organizations that I have seen where youth are respected, nurtured, educated and socialized in a way that benefits both them and all of us. There is no better model of youth and justice work that I have seen.”
“The Food Project Institute’s unique vision of our world’s youth has redefined the essence of community-based agriculture. Their mission-based programming embraces so many crucial components of local farming and actually puts them into practice. TFP is not only a program to model; it is a movement to follow.”
“Overall, the most valuable conference I have ever attended.”
“After spending three days at The Food Project’s Institute, I can’t stop thinking about or talking about The Food Project. If after three days I feel so positively affected, imagine change TFP does with others that they work with longer term. WOW!”
“The Food Project Institute was exactly what I needed to get my creative juices flowing around my fledgling ideas for a sustainable food project involving youth.”