About the Position
Seed Crew provides the first opportunity for young people to get involved with The Food Project.
This summer, we will recruit 84 high school students between the ages of 14 and 17 across racial, socio-economic, gender identity, and geographic differences to work on our urban and suburban farms in Boston, Lincoln, Lynn, and Wenham, MA. During this six-week program (running July 5 – August 17, 2023), youth work with staff to grow vegetables and distribute thousands of pounds of produce, while developing leadership, teamwork, workplace, and civic participation skills.
After working on our farms each morning, Seed Crew spends most afternoons in workshops learning about sustainable agriculture, food access, social justice, and more.
We are excited to engage with our new crews for Summer 2023!
To be eligible for the position, prospective candidates must:
- Be between the ages 14-17 (must be 14 by June 1st and have completed 8th grade by July 1st).
- Have completed an application with a recommendation before March 17th, 2023 for North Shore and before March 31st, 2023 for Greater Boston. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Be available to work every day of the entire six-week Seed Crew (see dates below).
- Be invited for, and complete an interview
Note: In order to submit your application, you must have a letter of recommendation included from an adult who is not a family member.
- Seed Crew Orientation: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Seed Crew Season: Monday-Friday July 5 – August 17, 2023
Seed Crew members will work approximately 28-32 hours per week, and will be paid $15.00 per hour.
Applications are currently closed for 2023 Seed Crew. Please check back again later for 2024 Seed Crew applications to open.