ABOUT THE POSITION
Seed Crew provides the first opportunity for young people to get involved with The Food Project.
This summer, we will recruit 84 high school students between the ages of 14 and 17 across racial, socio-economic, gender identity, and geographic differences to work on our urban and suburban farms in Boston, Lincoln, Lynn, and Wenham, MA. During this six-week program (running July 5 – August 12, 2022), youth work with staff to grow vegetables and distribute thousands of pounds of produce, while developing leadership, teamwork, workplace, and civic participation skills. After working on our farms each morning, Seed Crew spends most afternoons in workshops learning about sustainable agriculture, food access, social justice, and more.
To be eligible for the position, prospective candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 14-17 (must be 14 by June 1st and have completed 8th grade by July 1st).
- Have completed an application before the due date of March 4, 2022. (Early applications are appreciated).
- Be available to every weekday of the entire six-week Seed Crew (see dates below).
- Be invited for, and complete an interview.
- Seed Crew Orientation: June 4, 2022
- Seed Crew Season: Monday-Friday July 5 – August 12, 2022
Seed Crew members will work approximately 32 hours per week, and will paid $14.25 per hour.
We are excited to engage with our new crews for Summer 2022! The safety and wellbeing of our youth, staff, and the communities in which we work are our top priorities, especially during this global pandemic. The Food Project is monitoring COVID-19 daily and adhering to the guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH). Our program experiences are subject to change based upon those guidelines and the evolving nature and impact of COVID-19.
We are now receiving applications!