We commonly use name games to introduce program participants to one another.
Here are a few games to get you started:
- Bippity Bop Bop Bop: Energizes a group and enables participants to learn each other’s names. Time: 5 mins. Group Size: 5–10. Risk: Low
- I Sit in the Grass With My Friend: Uses repetitive actions and phrases, movement, and low-level competition to help group members learn each other’s names. Time: 5–10 mins. Group Size: 10–30. Risk: Low.
- Jack-In-The-Box: Facilitates group members’ learning each other’s names through a funny physical activity. Time: 5 mins. Group Size: 10+. Risk: Low
- Name and Action Game: Requires concentration while encouraging laughter. Time: 5–10 mins. Group Size: 6. Risk: Low.
- Name Ripple: Encourages laughter and physical creativity while helping participants learn each other’s names. Time: 5–10 mins. Group Size: 10+. Risk: Low to moderate.
For more name games, please see our book Growing Together.
Want to learn more about how we create youth leadership development models in the context of farming, our social justice curriculum, and our food access initiatives? Attend one of our Institutes!