At The Food Project, we strive to ensure that every person has access to the food they need to thrive. One way we accomplish this is by donating fresh, local produce to local organizations who, in turn, distribute it to people with the fewest resources.
We donate more than 180,000 servings of produce each year, providing hundreds of thousands of meals to those in need.
In addition, the young people in Seed Crew and Dirt Crew serve at local hunger relief organizations. This work connects them with their community and allows them to see the impact of their work by making meals from vegetables they helped to grow.
We work with the following partners in service of fresh food for hunger relief:
- Acord Food Pantry, Hamilton MA
- Boston Area Gleaners, Waltham, MA
- Chelsea Collaborative, Chelsea, MA
- Community Care Cooperative, Boston, MA
- Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation, Dorchester, MA
- Dudley Neighbors Incorporated, Roxbury, MA
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative, Roxbury, MA
- Fresh Food Generation, Greater Boston, MA
- La Alianza Hispana, Roxbury, MA
- Lincoln Food Pantry, Lincoln, MA
- Madison Park Development Corporation, Roxbury, MA
- Mosque for the Praising of Allah, Roxbury, MA
- Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church, Acton, MA
- My Brother’s Table, Lynn, MA
- Neighborhood of Affordable Housing, Inc., East Boston, MA
- Open Table, Maynard, MA
- Project Hope, Roxbury, MA
- Rosie’s Place, Boston, MA
- Rounding the Bases, Boston, MA
- YMCA, Dorchester, MA