At The Food Project, we strive to ensure that every person has access to the food they need to thrive. One way we accomplish this is by donating fresh, local produce to hunger relief organizations.
We donate more than 180,000 servings of produce each year, providing hundreds of thousands of meals to those in need.
In addition, the young people in Seed Crew and Dirt Crew serve at local hunger relief organizations. This work connects them with their community and allows them to see the impact of their work by making meals from vegetables they helped to grow.
Some of the hunger relief organizations that we have worked with over the years include:
- Acton Community Supper, Boxborough, MA
- Acord Food Pantry, Hamilton MA
- Beverly Bootstraps, Beverly, MA
- Boston Area Gleaners, Waltham, MA
- Boston Medical Center Food Pantry, Boston, MA
- Community Servings, Boston, MA
- Greater Boston Food Bank, Boston, MA
- Haley House, Boston, MA
- Lazarus House, Lawrence, MA
- My Brother’s Table, Lynn, MA
- Pine Street Inn, Boston, MA
- Red Cross Food Pantry, Boston, MA
- Rosie’s Place, Boston, MA
- The Open Door Cape Ann Food Pantry, Gloucester, MA
- Women’s Lunch Place, Boston, MA