Who We Are
Since our founding in 1991, The Food Project has grown into an internationally recognized non-profit organization that works at the intersection of youth, food, and community. For 29 years, youth and adults from diverse backgrounds have come together to produce healthy food for residents of the city and suburbs and to build local, sustainable food systems. Each year, 120 youth work in crews with our staff to farm on 70 acres in Eastern Massachusetts in Lincoln and Wenham and to partner with our neighbors in Lynn and Boston’s Dudley neighborhood to create the food system they envision. Building a healthy food system means that land is well cared for, that food is grown and eaten locally, that food sales build and retain neighborhood wealth, and that all consumers have access to nourishing food for a healthy life.
What We Seek
The Food Project is seeking an hourly farm worker:
IN LYNN, MA
- 1 Position Available:
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- September through October 31, 2020 (with flexibility to shift to a Tuesday – Saturday schedule)
Farm Worker will help the growers with harvest and farm work.
- Perform farm tasks with the grower team, including: weeding, hoeing, transplanting, bed prep, turning compost, etc.
- Help with harvest for food distributions.
This is an ideal position for someone who is interested in farming.
- Desire to work hard on a farm and get dirty is a must.
- Farm experience is a plus.
- Team-oriented, good sense of humor is a plus!
- Ability to commit to the work schedule.
- 18+ years of age.
The hourly wage for this job is $15 per hour. Staff will have access to produce for the weeks they work.
We will review all submissions, identify viable candidates and contact ONLY those individuals selected to continue in the search process. The position will be filled when the desired candidate is found.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected] In the subject line, write your name and the position for which you are applying, eg: “Eric Jones—Lynn Farm Worker.”
The Food Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating an inclusive organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position.