2013/2014 Annual Report
Click to read more about the achievements and memorable moments of the year that our supporters helped create. As you read through the report, you'll see why we are energizied to do this work every day. We hope you will help us continue the journey in 2015.
To learn more about The Food Project, download these fact sheets:
Our suburban and urban farms are clustered around our offices in Boston, Lincoln, and Lynn. Youth in Seed Crews travel from 39 cities and towns to reach their daily destinations at The Food Project. Read more in about Our Footprint
The Food Project harvests over 250,000 pounds of produce each year. Read more in About Us in Numbers
Click here to read about a A Day in the Life of a Seed Crew Youth
- Boston Globe, Momos remind them of home
- Lincoln Journal, The Food Project in Lincoln grows more than crops
- Boston Globe, Lincoln-based Food Project seeks cyclists for Ride for Food fund-raiser
- Daily Item, A community grows in Lynn. Read about the Munroe Street Farm
- Comcast Newsmakers, J. Harrison talks about The Food Project with Jenny Johnson in video interview
- The Educated Citizen, Harvard University, How to (Help) Grow Potatoes - Team Hagan (Senator Hagan, her husband and her liaisons) volunteer for the Food Project
- Daily Item, Youth from The Food Project and the Lynn Food And Fitness Alliance bring healthy food to convenience stores in Lynn
- Lincoln Journal, Lincoln-based The Food Project names new Executive Director
- Daily Item, Ludia Modi, an AmeriCorps volunteer and alum of The Food Project is guest of U.S. Rep. Seth Moulton at State of the Union
- Yes Magazine, "How One Boston Neighborhood Stopped Gentrification in Its Tracks"
- James Beard Foundation and Food Tank: 1st Annual Good Food Org Guide
- The North Shore Magazine, "Good Growth"
- Yes Magazine, Land, Co-ops, Compost: A Local Food Economy Emerges in Boston's Poorest Neighborhoods
- Modern Farmer, Fresh Food Generation is highlighted in The Farm-to-Street Revolution Is Almost Here
- The Huffington Post, "The Food Movement Dilemma: Affordable to All"
- The Daily Item, "Community Garden Guidelines Sprouting in Lynn"
- Boston Globe, Op-Ed: "Health, Justice, Lunch"
- Boston Globe Magazine, "Urban Farming Takes Root"
- Urban Stories, Stories about youth, growers and volunteers at the Dudley Greenhouse
- Concord Journal, "Students Support The Food Project"
- Lincoln Journal, "The Food Project Earns Kudos in Lincoln"
- Boston Globe Roxbury, "New Legislation May Bring More Farming to Boston"
- The Daily Item, "Lynn Area Teens March for Jobs"
- The Daily Item, "Freshness, Ethics at Farmers Markets"
- The Daily Item, "Ingalls School Food Project Holds Final Farm Lunch of the Season"
- Improper Bostonian, "Urban Growth: In Boston, Farm-to-Table Doesn't Have to Leave Your Street
- Boston Globe, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Visits TFP
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation Supports The Food Project’s Farm to Family Program (PDF)
- The Eos Foundation supports The Food Project's work with youth and sustainable argriculture (PDF)
- The Cummings Foundation supports The Food Project with “100K for 100” program. (PDF)
- The Food Project appoints John Wang to North Shore Regional Director (PDF)
- The Food Project hosts team for 2015 Ride for Food (PDF)
- Supporters enjoy spring event honoring Byron Hurt, raise funds for youth development (PDF)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation Supports The Food Project’s Build-A-Garden Programs (PDF)
- The Food Project honors Byron Hurt, award-winning documentary filmmaker, at annual fundraiser on May 6 (PDF)
- Walmart Foundation supports The Food Project's sustainable farms and youth programs (PDF)
- James J. Harrison named Executive Director of The Food Project (PDF)
- The Food Project Receives $50,000 Grant from Newman's Own Foundation (PDF)
- The Food Project Names James Harrison Acting Executive Director, August 26, 2014 (PDF)
- The Food Project's Annual Benefit Will Now Be Held Every Spring, August 22, 2014 (PDF)
- Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh to Give Keynote at The Food Project's Summer Youth Employment Program Launch Rally
- Announcing Angela Lett, Director of Development and External Communications, (PDF)
- Announcing Selvin Chamber's Appointment: Greater Boston (PDF) || North Shore (PDF)
- 2012-13 Annual Report
- 2011-12 Annual Report
- 2010-11 Annual Report
- 2009-10 Annual Report
- 2008-09 Annual Report
- Spring 2015
- Winter 2015
- Fall 2014
- Spring 2014
- Fall 2013
- Spring 2013
- Fall 2012
- Spring 2012
- Fall 2011
- Spring 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2010
Read research reports about The Food Project.
View videos about The Food Project.
Marketing and Communications Manager