For those of you following my container-gardening adventure, these past couple of weeks have been full of harvests, which is always exciting. Here are a few updates:
* After three cuttings of salad mix, I pulled it up and planted a pepper in its place.
* I also pulled up the salad greens around the collard plant because it was getting too big. If you recall, growing salad greens around and under the base of the collard plant was an experiment for me. Looking back, it's safe to say that I was able to grow "microgreens" and get two cuttings.
* At the end of May, I harvested seven of the outer (bottom) collard leaves and had plenty for a side at dinner!
* My rectangular planter has offered me much to eat too.